TOPIC: DL4 request

DL4 request 4 years 10 months ago #8799

• sl1200mk2
  • sl1200mk2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 528
what you would like to use in upcoming 4.x.x releases.

++
nicolas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DL4 request 4 years 10 months ago #8802

• Wilf
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I would like to be able to save the current INHIB values so when I close D::light or reboot the system and open it again the inhibition values are the same.

One proposal would be that the inhibition state is only saved when one disables the submaster shoot-to-zero-function with the small black square. This way people who do not want the state to be saved have no different behaviour but people who actively choose to bypass the shoot-to-zero-function on an inhibition submaster, thus wanting a certain state to be held during show and panic, will have the same state when saving the show.

DL4 request 4 years 10 months ago #8818

• nikoyes
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Have the possibility to chose OLA universe (not only the 0)

DL4 request 4 years 10 months ago #8822

• nomatter
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
- OSC Shortcut (so I could remote control programming without thinking about focus of application. And a list of all OSC command sent and received; I've casually found X1 and X2ActiveCue that I was going to ask);

- Independent Channel or Submaster (channel which are not recorded in cues or submasters. Eg. when I'm checking memories and I need to have House lights on I don't want they are stored. Avab Presto! and ETC Smartfade have it);

- A way to delete ALL Cues in a Sequence, a sort of Reset of a well set show template;

- Peace in the world;

I'm now testing b14 on Yosemite (Yes, I made it works and now I have also a Script for the command line. If someone wants to test it I can send). It seems to be stable with old function. I have no way to test on ML or LED for Devices part.
And I have no such experience on them. But it seems strange not to see numeric or graphical track of what I'm changing.
For Instance when Panning or Tilting, or manipulating Color Wheel I'm totally blind.
And outside Palette it "seems" not to change a thing.
But maybe it's me that I don't understand.

PS: What do are for the Cog and Cloud in windows? Never understood.

Nomatter Carlo.

DL4 request 4 years 10 months ago #8827

• nomatter
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
...and

I don't know if it is possible... to have an echo of typed character via OSC.

Last edit: by nomatter.

DL4 request 4 years 10 months ago #8852

• colinc
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
Hello,

nomatter wrote: ... And a list of all OSC command sent and received; I've casually found X1 and X2ActiveCue that I was going to ask);

www.nicole-banana.com/wiki/index.php?title=OSC

nomatter wrote: - Independent Channel or Submaster (channel which are not recorded in cues or submasters. Eg. when I'm checking memories and I need to have House lights on I don't want they are stored. Avab Presto! and ETC Smartfade have it);

nomatter wrote:
- A way to delete ALL Cues in a Sequence, a sort of Reset of a well set show template;

Hear hear!!

nomatter wrote:
- Peace in the world;

:unsure:

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Colin

nomatter wrote:
I'm now testing b14 on Yosemite (Yes, I made it works and now I have also a Script for the command line. If someone wants to test it I can send). It seems to be stable with old function. I have no way to test on ML or LED for Devices part.
And I have no such experience on them. But it seems strange not to see numeric or graphical track of what I'm changing.
For Instance when Panning or Tilting, or manipulating Color Wheel I'm totally blind.
And outside Palette it "seems" not to change a thing.
But maybe it's me that I don't understand.

PS: What do are for the Cog and Cloud in windows? Never understood.

Nomatter Carlo.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sl1200mk2

DL4 request 4 years 10 months ago #8859

• nomatter
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks for all answers.

colinc wrote: Hello,

nomatter wrote: ... And a list of all OSC command sent and received; I've casually found X1 and X2ActiveCue that I was going to ask);

It's still not complete. There is not reference to X1ActiveCue that I found very useful.

nomatter wrote: - Independent Channel or Submaster (channel which are not recorded in cues or submasters. Eg. when I'm checking memories and I need to have House lights on I don't want they are stored. Avab Presto! and ETC Smartfade have it);

You solved an old clue of mine: what this color and square are for? Thanks thanks a lot.
And what exactly are for cyan and purple buttons near the little square to save from killing?

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Colin

Very much,

all the best,

Carlo.

DL4 request 4 years 10 months ago #8865

• sl1200mk2
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

colinc wrote:
Hello,
nomatter wrote:
... And a list of all OSC command sent and received; I've casually found X1 and X2ActiveCue that I was going to ask);

It's still not complete. There is not reference to X1ActiveCue that I found very useful.

please feel free to update the list.

++
nicolas

DL4 request 4 years 10 months ago #8866

• sl1200mk2
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

And what exactly are for cyan and purple buttons near the little square to save from killing?

it's Pause function for Timed submasters

++
nicolas

DL4 request 4 years 10 months ago #8913

• sl1200mk2
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
@Wilf,
done exactly with the behavior you've described.... witch is cleaver
an inhib sub without the *not under gun control* option check loose it state after a reboot.
an inhib sub with the *not under gun control* option check save it state after a reboot.

++
nicolas
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wilf

DL4 request 4 years 10 months ago #8931

• Chgrovink
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Error

Last edit: by Chgrovink.

DL4 request 4 years 10 months ago #8932

• boeckel
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
A small documentation to start :-)

DL4 request 4 years 10 months ago #8933

• shani
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
quelques idée en vrac, peu être inutiles ou déjà possible autrement... mais voici :

1, après discution avec Linlin il avait posté cela : "j'aurais aimer avoir la possibilité de choisir le sens du chaser.
Après avoir créer mon chaser et l'avoir assigné dans un subMaster, quand je clic sur le sub et que la fenêtre SubMaster éditor s'ouvre, où se trouve l'option Number of loop. est il possible de rajouter une ou plusieurs lignes proposant les options de :
- chaser inversé
- chaser aller/retour
- chaser aléatoire"

2, en création de chaser, pouvoir faire une selection de plusieurs channels (genre de 1 à 20 par exemple), et avec un clic la création des steps avec chaque channel à la suite : step 1 channel 1, step 2 channel 2.... puis choisir, inversé, aller/retour, aléatoire, ...

3, pouvoir assigner plusieurs submasters à un seul master speed. (ca me rappellerais mon premier pupitre jands :)

4, que le kill remette les masters speed à 50, non à 0. (peut être qu'il y a que moi que ça gêne...)

et dernier point, je risque d'étre hors sujet ( c'est mon rêve le plus fou )
pouvoir mettre dans un submasteur un sample audio. Le fader comme controle du volume, play le "time", pause et stop.
Avec une légère édition (la m^me que pour les samples DL).
Il serait alors simple de mlink des sons dans la conduite... tout cela, sans rien changer à l'interface bien

avec la cerise sur le gâteau, un drag n drop de son fichier son dans le submaster.
(en écrivant tout cela je me rend bien compte de l’énormité de programmation, mais bon... les autres points sont il me semble plus envisageable)

et bien sur dlight en hardware ...

Voilà, j'espère vous avoir bien fait rire
Encore bravo pour ce soft, simplement génial.
je n'ai plus trop l'occasion de m'en servir à mon grand regret, mais qui sait l'avenir...

Salut tout le monde :)
Attachments:

DL4 request 4 years 10 months ago #8934

• Jefff
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Pour ma part :

Un message OSC envoyé par Dlight du type :
/seq/goCue xxx
C'est à dire que Dlight envoie le numéro du Cue présent en X2 au moment du GO.
Car pour synchroniser du son par exemple si je fais des changements dans ma conduite je suis obligé de retrouver le numéro de STEP correspondant au cue, ou alors faire un patch qui identifie le /seq/X2ActiveCue xxx et attendre le GO qui suit...

Sinon, dans les fx : si un circuit monte en 1s et descent en 8s le PAS suivant attend les 8s, c'est un peu dommage, ça serait vraiment bien que les pas continuent (par exemple : temps de montée/descente de chaque pas 2s, mais dans le 1er pas un circuit va descendre en 8s, du coup les PAS continueraient pendant que le circuit continue à descendre)

Et puis une fonction random dans les pas de FX. :blink:

Merci !

DL4 request 4 years 9 months ago #8946

• Wilf
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Merci Nico!

Another thing I have been missing in D::Light is faster patching. It would be nice to 1. patch a row of dimmers fast and to 2. patch a lot of different dimmers to one channel fast. A small explanation and proposal:

1. Let's say I want dimmer 50 through 60 on channel 10 through 20. Maybe this could be the syntax:
[CH]10[THRU]20[@][DIMMER]50 (or 10[THRU]20[@]50 in channel patch mode).

In the same way I could patch channel 15 through 20 at dimmers 78 through 83 with the syntax [CH]15[THRU]20[@][DIMMER]78 (or 15[THRU]20[@]78 in channel patch mode).

2. I tour a lot and get to venues with multiple dimmers as audience lighting. Then this syntax would greatly help:
[CH]100[@][DIMMER]250[THRU]260[+]58[THRU]64[-]62 (this is an extreme example but it could happen)

Or maybe I want to patch a lot of different LED lights with different adresses, one color for every channel. Then one could do this too:
[CH]50[@][DIMMER]1[+]4[+]7[+]10[+]13[+]16[+]19 (for red for example)
CH]50[@][DIMMER]2[+]5[+]8[+]11[+]14[+]17[+]20 (for green)
CH]50[@][DIMMER]3[+]6[+]9[+]12[+]15[+]18[+]21 (for blue)

Elongated syntaxis while patching will speed up bigger patches IMHO.

Time to create page: 0.545 seconds