Sélectionnez votre langue

Résolution de problème : merci de consulter la FAQ et le Wiki

Aidez-nous à améliorer le contenu du Wiki et de la FAQ en les consultant. Le Wiki est mis à jour régulièrement et la FAQ permet une résolution rapide des principales embûches rencontrées. N'hésitez pas à nous faire parvenir vos suggestions d'amélioration sur le forum ou à éditer directement le Wiki ou la FAQ .

iPad Wing with TouchOSC

Plus d'informations
il y a 9 ans 6 mois #8621 par nomatter
iPad Wing with TouchOSC a été créé par nomatter
Hallo Nico,

I'm Carlo and I'm beginning to use d::light.
Actually I have not really used it because I'm waiting for a proper usb interface, but I'm studying and finding it very handy and similar to console I like and know.

I prefer using keyboard and shortcuts and manual crossfade between cues.

For a better (and future) use I'm developing an interface for TouchOSC on iPad to make programming easier.
I will have Pad and buttons for any function and shortcut.
And Playback and submasters too.

Here some notes on my work:

- since of lack of some OSC command in DL, I created a patch in Quartz Composer to receive from TouchOSC and send to DL. It pass DL built-in OSC command and emulate keystrokes for shortcuts useful in programming shows;
- DL sends back messages to TouchOSC;

This work could be avoided if Shortcuts in DL are also for OSC and non only for keyboard. Or if I buy OSCulator.

And there is another issue I couldn't manage without QC: X1 and X2 faders go crazy when I try to use them. I couldn't understand how to set them to work properly. The inversion of value at the end of a crossfade is a little bit tricky and they start to flicker on the following passage. So, for now they are not interactive.

Also I miss in DL, or I don't know how to, a way to store in a Submaster the content of Output without to create a Numbered Group, opening a Submaster windows, load a Group in it, close the window and confirm it. It seems not so practical to do by keyboard or shortcut. (But could be done)

For digits I use /pad/# message. It works great in main window but it doesn't in other windows such as Group or Submaster.

I have to finish to work on it and then, if you want I can share with everyone.

Other things I miss is a way to translate in TouchOSC 0-255 values in %.
Or to have as return messages /seq/X1 and X2 the cue number and not the step.
And, also maybe, a parametric way to name submasters so I can use Multi-faders or Multi-push button.

I keep going on this personal Wing to DL and I will tell you how it works on stage.

Thanks for your work, I will not miss to donate.

Carlo.

Pièces jointes :

Connexion pour participer à la conversation.

Plus d'informations
il y a 9 ans 6 mois #8629 par sl1200mk2
Réponse de sl1200mk2 sur le sujet iPad Wing with TouchOSC
Hi Carlo,
nice work wich can be even more than usefull in a way:
it can be a remote for moving lights!

I doubt touchOSC is a good tool for that because you cannot code very much...
maybe something more than www.charlie-roberts.com/interface/ can be usefull... but I didn't take time yet to make it works...

I guess that with Interface, we can build colored diagram in order to choose colors, etc....
and more over it's portable.

This work could be avoided if Shortcuts in DL are also for OSC and non only for keyboard

we can work on that.

X1 and X2 faders go crazy when I try to use them

yes, I know there's something wrong... but I didn't take time to manage what....

Also I miss in DL, or I don't know how to, a way to store in a Submaster the content of Output without to create a Numbered Group, opening a Submaster windows, load a Group in it, close the window and confirm it. It seems not so practical to do by keyboard or shortcut. (But could be done)

you're right but I have no solution for now....

Other things I miss is a way to translate in TouchOSC 0-255 values in %.

this is why touchOSC is not so practical as you cannot script it...

please, if you have time take a look at Interface and let's discuss about that.

++

nicolas

Connexion pour participer à la conversation.

Temps de génération de la page : 0.337 secondes
Propulsé par Kunena