Sélectionnez votre langue

Résolution de problème : merci de consulter la FAQ et le Wiki

Aidez-nous à améliorer le contenu du Wiki et de la FAQ en les consultant. Le Wiki est mis à jour régulièrement et la FAQ permet une résolution rapide des principales embûches rencontrées. N'hésitez pas à nous faire parvenir vos suggestions d'amélioration sur le forum ou à éditer directement le Wiki ou la FAQ .

connectivity solutions

Plus d'informations
il y a 8 ans 4 mois #11176 par birt
connectivity solutions a été créé par birt
so i tour with a macbook pro and:
-Enttec DMX USB pro
-Radial USB pro DI box
-Korg Nanokontrol 2
-USB midi interface

too much power and too many USB connections.
and if i want to switch to DMXking eDMX4 pro i need power over ethernet...

how would you do this?

Connexion pour participer à la conversation.

Plus d'informations
il y a 8 ans 4 mois #11177 par aroom
Réponse de aroom sur le sujet connectivity solutions
it alway seems like a good solution to go for an ethernet node. poe or not it should have it's own power supply. so you can go for dmxking eDMX line of products, or enttec ODE. both are great. the only difference I see, it's the software IP editor who only run on windows for dmxking and osx/windows for enttec.

my usb / audio interface has it's own power supply also. I don't like to be dependent from any laptop power for anything like dmx or audio.

for the korg nanokontrol and other usb device, you can get a active usb hub if you feel like it, but the laptop should supply enough power for such devices.

Plus d'informations
il y a 8 ans 4 mois #11182 par sl1200mk2
Réponse de sl1200mk2 sur le sujet connectivity solutions
Hi Birt,
IMHO, POE solution is the way to go as you have only one pouwer generator for all devices (the POE switch), and moreover when the full range of device will be rj45 available, every devices will be able to talk each others thru rj45 cables.

++

nicolas

Plus d'informations
il y a 8 ans 4 mois - il y a 8 ans 4 mois #11196 par birt
Réponse de birt sur le sujet connectivity solutions
POE seems nice but it adds an extra device and power supply.
and my USB doesn't have enough power either for everything so i would need a hub with a power supply there as well.

if there's a combination of both devices that could be something.

as i see it more and more manufacturers are making everything USB powered but normal USB ports can't follow the power requirements.

oh and the enttec ODE only has one DMX out so for me it has no advantage over the USB-DMX i use now.
Dernière édition: il y a 8 ans 4 mois par birt.

Plus d'informations
il y a 8 ans 4 mois - il y a 8 ans 4 mois #11199 par aroom
Réponse de aroom sur le sujet connectivity solutions

oh and the enttec ODE only has one DMX out so for me it has no advantage over the USB-DMX i use now.

it's not just a matter of output / input. dmx over ethernet is more reliable/practical than usb in many aspect, imo

if you need more than one output and also an input go for the DMXking. you'll need a poe router. a router is always useful in a foh, for dmx / midi / video / osc purpose.

you can't go wrong with a dmxKing eDMX4
Dernière édition: il y a 8 ans 4 mois par aroom.

Plus d'informations
il y a 8 ans 4 mois #11210 par birt
Réponse de birt sur le sujet connectivity solutions
well that's what i hear a lot. but nobody specifies the aspects they're referring to.

so i could use more than 1 output and maybe an input. but a router as you say can be useful in a foh if i would use it for anything else. i don't. i travel as light and minimal as possible. every device i don't really need is just annoying and adds connections that can fail.

if i could find a poe injector that is also a powered USB hub it would be useful. or if the DMX over ethernet device had it's own power supply and some USB ports. none of the manufacturers think of extra connectivity. even if they promote using more than one device (like the Nanokontrol) they don't add the possibility to daisy chain them.

Temps de génération de la page : 0.461 secondes
Propulsé par Kunena