Sélectionnez votre langue

Résolution de problème : merci de consulter la FAQ et le Wiki

Aidez-nous à améliorer le contenu du Wiki et de la FAQ en les consultant. Le Wiki est mis à jour régulièrement et la FAQ permet une résolution rapide des principales embûches rencontrées. N'hésitez pas à nous faire parvenir vos suggestions d'amélioration sur le forum ou à éditer directement le Wiki ou la FAQ .

Control DLight with QLab: MIDI or OSC?

Plus d'informations
il y a 1 an 7 mois #23630 par mjodar
Hi all,

That may be a stupid question, but if I want to control Dlight with Qlab, what is better, safer, more reliable...? Midi or OSC?

Both softwares are on the same machine. So I'm talking on using MIDI over IAC, or OSC over localhost.

I've done lots of shows with QLab firing Dlight over MIDI, and never had any problem. But I was just wondering if OSC may be more reliable?

Thanks!

Connexion pour participer à la conversation.

Plus d'informations
il y a 1 an 7 mois - il y a 1 an 7 mois #23631 par aroom
I like OSC better.

I don't know if it's safer or more reliable. But I find the syntax of OSC address more intuitive to program and the network aspect faster to setup.

to fire Cue 1
Code:
/seq/X2LoadAndFireCue 1

to fire ID 1.1
Code:
/seq/X2LoadAndFireID 1.1

to fade Submaster 1 (you'll need to change the fade option to 1D fade in QLab and set-up the duration and From and To amount)
Code:
/sub/1/level #v#

You have to keep in mind that QLab is using the local language preferences from macOS to decide how decimal are being used (System Preferences/Language and Region/General Advanced General Decimal). you gonna have to check if it's a dot or a coma. I strongly advice anyone to go for the dot.

In my macOS, the decimal is a point. If your system is using the coma, the OSC message may not work properly. You'll have to manually change all the . for , or to change your macOS preferences, or to use a script to do it automatically. 

Dernière édition: il y a 1 an 7 mois par aroom.

Plus d'informations
il y a 1 an 7 mois #23632 par mjodar
Yes, that's what I thought. I think Network would be faster.

I was literally right now programing a show, and using the /sub/1/level #v#to do some flashes at the rythm of the music, to make some LEDs flash as if they were incandescent lights 

Plus d'informations
il y a 1 an 7 mois #23637 par sl1200mk2
Hi,
as @Aroom said, you'll always want to prefer OSC over Midi :)

++

nicolas
Les utilisateur(s) suivant ont remercié: mjodar

Plus d'informations
il y a 1 an 7 mois #23639 par mjodar
Many thanks Nico! :D

Temps de génération de la page : 0.333 secondes
Propulsé par Kunena