Sélectionnez votre langue

Résolution de problème : merci de consulter la FAQ et le Wiki

Aidez-nous à améliorer le contenu du Wiki et de la FAQ en les consultant. Le Wiki est mis à jour régulièrement et la FAQ permet une résolution rapide des principales embûches rencontrées. N'hésitez pas à nous faire parvenir vos suggestions d'amélioration sur le forum ou à éditer directement le Wiki ou la FAQ .

Device Experience in b65/b66: palette, deleting, c

Plus d'informations
il y a 7 ans 11 mois #12524 par nomatter
Hallo Nico,

I’m working in a venue with 36 devices and some fixed.
Sequences and a lot of cues. And some chaser.

Second day and it’s all working. So far, so good.

I report some experience and ask for some explanation.

Palette: in b65 and b66 I cannot assign a Palette to a Sub, they doesn’t appear in the window. I remember I succeed with previous version. Am I missing something? Can you tell me again the right procedure?

Deleting: I would like to make a copy of file and then delete every cue in the sequence and keep all settings and palettes and subs and so on. I tried deleting step or cues one by one, saving as something else but it doesn’t open any more. It Reports error. What could be the problem? I’m afraid the deleting a cue it can corrupt the file I’m working on and destroy all the job. (Incremental saving could be an health things)

Copying: let’s say I prepared Cue number 20 at step 5. Then when I’m in 36 (step 24) I would like to copy the 20 as 37. My idea is: go to 20, 37R. The problem is that it doesn’t copy the Dlink. How could I completely clone it?

Cleaning: it’s not so clear to me the function of FixD and Balance. Sometime when I record a cue with devices every device is recorded in the Dlink even if it doesn’t change. It Could be good, It could be no good. Good if I choose to delete the Cue that defines parameters for devices. Not good if I need to change parameters I had to do in all the following cues. Can you tell me how it should work? Is there a way to keep the sequence clean?

Time Link: moving lights while they’re on could be interesting. To set the time of movement now I open the Tlink for the step, select devices number, Expand, select all the values, 10tt to set 10 second time. Is it right? If I don’t expand it controls only the dimmer. And/but the command Ctrl + A or Cmd+A to select all values doesn’t work. Is there a shortway to do it?

That’s all for now.
I’m sorry if it’s so long but the experience is intense and I would like to share with all of you.
I attach the file in progress I’m working on.

Bye,

Carlo.

PS: working on a MBPr with 10.11.4
Pièces jointes :

Connexion pour participer à la conversation.

Plus d'informations
il y a 7 ans 11 mois #12525 par sl1200mk2
Hi Carlo,
thanx for sharing experience as it's the way to go further...

nice :-)
please be careful with b66 as it's a preview... I didn't finished it...
what I'm working on is in good progress and hope to publish it before the end of the week...

Palette: in b65 and b66 I cannot assign a Palette to a Sub, they doesn’t appear in the window. I remember I succeed with previous version. Am I missing something? Can you tell me again the right procedure?

there's 2 options:
- in the sub editor, click on the 'Load new stock' function (first icon after live), select Palette type and double click on the one you wanna load
- in the 'Palette Listing', drag'n drop desired palette to a sub

Deleting: I would like to make a copy of file and then delete every cue in the sequence and keep all settings and palettes and subs and so on. I tried deleting step or cues one by one, saving as something else but it doesn’t open any more. It Reports error. What could be the problem? I’m afraid the deleting a cue it can corrupt the file I’m working on and destroy all the job. (Incremental saving could be an health things)

I've to debug some stuff here...
the main cause to the crash is when you delete everything and let the sequence with no step inside.
I didn't found a proper solution yet to avoid either crash or the ability to delete every steps

Copying: let’s say I prepared Cue number 20 at step 5. Then when I’m in 36 (step 24) I would like to copy the 20 as 37. My idea is: go to 20, 37R. The problem is that it doesn’t copy the Dlink. How could I completely clone it?

for now you have to Dragn'n drop DLink from the former step to the new one.
you can do this in the big Sequence window.

I agree that there should be an option to clone DLink within new recorded cues

Cleaning: it’s not so clear to me the function of FixD and Balance.

FixDlink and Balance are completely different
one can use Balance to isolate a device in order to update/mmodify a palette for example.
Balance have nothink to do with DLinks.
FixD should remove all redundant DLinks across the sequence.

Sometime when I record a cue with devices every device is recorded in the Dlink even if it doesn’t change. It Could be good, It could be no good. Good if I choose to delete the Cue that defines parameters for devices. Not good if I need to change parameters I had to do in all the following cues. Can you tell me how it should work?

normally if a device do not change regarding to his previous state, DL should not record DLink for it...
that said, if it's not the case, I have to review some code....

Is there a way to keep the sequence clean?

fixD is the tool for that.

Time Link: moving lights while they’re on could be interesting. To set the time of movement now I open the Tlink for the step, select devices number, Expand, select all the values, 10tt to set 10 second time. Is it right?

right.
I think I'm gonna change Times for device a bit in next beta (not in the b66 though...) for them to behave accordingly to step's timing.
but that's a lot of work....

If I don’t expand it controls only the dimmer.

right

And/but the command Ctrl + A or Cmd+A to select all values doesn’t work. Is there a shortway to do it?

for now you can only achieve this by graphical selection of desired parameters you wanna set TLink.

hope it's clear...
++

nicolas

Plus d'informations
il y a 7 ans 11 mois #12526 par nomatter

sl1200mk2 écrit: Hi Carlo,
thanx for sharing experience as it's the way to go further...

nice :-)
please be careful with b66 as it's a preview... I didn't finished it...
what I'm working on is in good progress and hope to publish it before the end of the week...

Ok, I will use b65 because I don't need OSC at moment.

there's 2 options:
- in the sub editor, click on the 'Load new stock' function (first icon after live), select Palette type and double click on the one you wanna load
- in the 'Palette Listing', drag'n drop desired palette to a sub

Ok. Drag&Drop works. The first option doesn't because when I choose Palette type the list is empty.

[/quote]

I've to debug some stuff here...
the main cause to the crash is when you delete everything and let the sequence with no step inside.
I didn't found a proper solution yet to avoid either crash or the ability to delete every steps

for now you have to Dragn'n drop DLink from the former step to the new one.
you can do this in the big Sequence window.

I agree that there should be an option to clone DLink within new recorded cues

Cleaning: it’s not so clear to me the function of FixD and Balance.

FixDlink and Balance are completely different
one can use Balance to isolate a device in order to update/mmodify a palette for example.
Balance have nothink to do with DLinks.
FixD should remove all redundant DLinks across the sequence.

Sometime when I record a cue with devices every device is recorded in the Dlink even if it doesn’t change. It Could be good, It could be no good. Good if I choose to delete the Cue that defines parameters for devices. Not good if I need to change parameters I had to do in all the following cues. Can you tell me how it should work?

normally if a device do not change regarding to his previous state, DL should not record DLink for it...
that said, if it's not the case, I have to review some code....

Is there a way to keep the sequence clean?

fixD is the tool for that.
[/quote]

Ok. It's seems to work. It's a scary operation but it cleans if I choose "For all levels"
I have to understand better the BALANCE function but it's ok for now.

Time Link: moving lights while they’re on could be interesting. To set the time of movement now I open the Tlink for the step, select devices number, Expand, select all the values, 10tt to set 10 second time. Is it right?

right.
I think I'm gonna change Times for device a bit in next beta (not in the b66 though...) for them to behave accordingly to step's timing.
but that's a lot of work....

If I don’t expand it controls only the dimmer.

right

And/but the command Ctrl + A or Cmd+A to select all values doesn’t work. Is there a shortway to do it?

for now you can only achieve this by graphical selection of desired parameters you wanna set TLink.

hope it's clear...
++

Everything's fine, thanks.
I will update you.

Carlo.

Temps de génération de la page : 0.325 secondes
Propulsé par Kunena